We’re excited to announce that we have now added Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), and Basic Attention Token (BAT) to the values Heleum is automatically converting. These join BTC, LTC, ETH, & DASH as the volatile currencies we support.
Adding new Uphold currencies to the Heleum algorithm isn’t just flipping a switch.We make sure all currencies and tokens are vetted thoroughly before adding. It’s more like planning an addition to a house, building new rooms, installing new wiring and light bulbs, then flipping a switch. 🙂
We have to:
– make sure the currency volatility, fee, and spread are viable for our algorithm,
– add the currency to the ticker,
– create an Uphold card for the new currency,
– create a Heleum card for the new currency,
– add new goals for the new currency to existing active balloons for each user (3000 users, 17000 balloons), and
– allow new balloons to start adding looking/moving to those currencies.
Now that these currencies are live, users should expect more volatility and more gains in their accounts over the next few months as balloons find more optimal paths through our mesh trading system. This is another important preparatory step in our development towards v2.0 this spring.