Fulfilling a promise made to our users, Heleum has just added a feature to the Heleum web app to allow users to instantly download their Heleum transaction history as a Gain-Loss Report in CSV format, by year (for 2017, 2018, and 2019). Here are step-by-step instructions for accessing it:
- Log into your Heleum app account.
- Go to the Menu in the top left corner.
- Select the new option: “Download Transactions”.
- Select a Year, like “2018”.
- Click “Download CSV”.
This Gain/Loss transaction report was formatted to match the IRS Form 8949. Our report shows:
- Transaction Description (Balloon number, Move number, From Currency and Amount, To Currency and Amount)
- Date Acquired (The date of the balloon’s previous transaction)
- Date Sold (The date of the transaction)
- Proceeds (The value of the balloon in your base currency)
- Cost Basis (The value of the balloon in your base currency at the balloon’s previous transaction)
- Gain/Loss (The Difference between the Proceeds and the Cost Basis)
- Totals at the bottom for Proceeds, Cost Basis, Gain/Loss
This feature works for all users, regardless of their country or base currency. Note: Heleum is not a tax preparer or filer and nothing in this post should be taken as tax advice. This report only shows Heleum transactions and does not account for other conversions you may have performed in Uphold outside of Heleum and activity on other exchanges or brokerages. For US customers seeking a full tax document prepared by licensed tax professionals, please check out our partners: www.TaxBit.com. They can export ALL of your Uphold transactions, and help with other exchanges as well.